Indian Mounds Park Pavilion


This file appears in: The Prairie Style Park Pavilion
Indian Mounds Park Pavilion

The current pavilion at Earl and Mounds Boulevard was completed in 1916. This Prairie-style structure, with its low-hipped roof and horizontal feel is a rarity in the Twin Cities since most other Prairie style buildings are houses or commercial buildings. It was designed by Charles H. Hausler, who was born in Saint Paul and apprenticed with Louis Sullivan in Chicago before getting a Minnesota architect's license in 1908.

Date: August, 2013

Image courtesy of Minnesota Historical Society


This file appears in: The Prairie Style Park Pavilion